OT Hobby uses for all those Holiday Leftovers

Not all of you will have finish everything form Thanksgiving dinner. So here is a listing of uses for some of what was left on that table or not taken back after the inlaw sleft. Try and add to it if you can.

  1. Leftover mashed potatoes can be used to simulate a very convincing snow cover.

  1. Cut Carrot slices in small short lengths to make really good wheel chocks.

  2. Dried Up Over cooked Shoe String Fries can double for Construction Debris when chopped into random Size Chunks.

  1. That extra bowl of dressing can be spread out to make really good looking ground cover.

  2. Cranberry sauce will look just like hydraulic fluid when thinly brushed over landing gear struts and other pistons.

  1. Pumpkin pie filling simulates mud and quicksand when nothing else is available.

  2. That "Mystery Meat" casserole that your ~mother in law~ brought over will make the perfect Alien Landscape....!!

  1. That leftover Gravy with the "Lumps" with just a little green food coloring makes a great Swamp or Bog.

  2. Leftover "Polanta" spread out carefully with a pastry spatula make the greatest Sand Dunes because it's made with fine corn meal to begin with.

  1. Fava beans and Lama beans make really good sand bags in a pinch.

  2. If you cut Green Beans in half long ways they make decent Speed Bumps.

  1. You could use Lengths of different Size cooked Pasta to simulate air hose and brake line or even Pipe or Tubing. You can use the Pasta -Out-of-Box- to simulate Rigid Pipe or Tube if needed

Do any any of you want to add to the list.

I hope you thought this was fun. :) :)

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

John DeBoo

There's many a true word spoken in jest. Many years ago I read an article in "Military Modelling" where the author had used strong black coffee dregs to simulate oil spills.

I did, yes! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I use to pluck long, blong hair from wife's *head* (I'm aleady anticipating the resonses to this) for antennae wire.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I also got the *blonD* ones!

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

LOL I *was* wondering...!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Art Murray" wrote in news:KpMhf.87646$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

What do you use the short curly ones for?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

And more importantly , are they blonde ?

heh heh

Delete my ass to respond directly

Reply to
hayesclippermyass

I'm tempted to say dental floss but it occurrs to me that they might be useful for long grass on a diorama if 'planted' sufficiently thickly and dyed green. I remember an article in one of the rr modelling mags that involved asking your friendly barber for all of his cut hair for grass scenery material.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

HO scale coil springs?

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Last time I tried this, the dog ate it !!!!

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Stevens

"What do you use the short curly ones for?"

Dental floss?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

"Last time I tried this, the dog ate it!!!!

That's what you get for trying to do models for homework!

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Well, that's where I usually find 'em.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I *knew* I shouldn't have started this! :-)

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

"Art Murray" wrote in news:LvPif.13972$KP1.1243 @bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Well it is better than the other off topic posts.

I'm trying very hard not to add "and it tastes better, too." Apparently not hard enough. 8)

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost