OT, OT: Modeler-to-modeler hobby shop-type chat subject - small world

This actually has nothing at all to do with scale modeling and is more in line with the stuff modelers would chat about overe the counter at their favorite hobby shop. If you don't want to read off-topic posts, stop here!

I had a very strange experinece the other day. I wasn't feeling well and went to the Falls Church VA PRIMUS clinic. I didn't have an appointment so had to wait for an available doctor. When I got called to an exam room, I noticed right away that the doctor was Vietnamese. I asked him where he was from and he said Hue (pronounced "Way"). He said that he had been a young doctor in

1968 and, during the Tet Offensice, he and another Vietnamese doctor treated the wounded at the MAC-V.

I literally took a step back because, when I was wounded there, I was taken to the MAC-V compound where I was treated by one of two Vietnamese doctors working who were treating both Vietnamese and American casualties. When I told him that, his eyes actually teared up and he threw his arms around me and said "I love Marines!" We stayed there and chatted for over an hour.

Go fugure. Some 12,000 miles away and 36+ years later, he and I ran into each other again; and in another doctor-patient scenario as well (only this time I was sure I was gonna' survive my medical issue). As Yogi Berra would say.....deja vu all over again! It truly is a small world out there.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier