Paint & Hobby Shop replies

Thanks to everyone for their considered (and considerate) replies to my questions about paint and hobby shop likes/dislikes. Exceptionally thought-provoking, and some great shop ideas I'll definitely use. Same for the paint question -- there's nothing like user input to offset marketing BS!

We closed on the shop at 2:30 this afternoon (seems like a birth announcement...); now if we can just make it through the holidays with our heads above water, I think we'll be OK.

As for a discount for r.m.s. members, absolutely! I'd be delighted for anyone visiting the fabulous Connecticut shoreline (the Arctic Riviera!) to stop in (16 W. Main St., Clinton, CT), whisper the r.m.s. secret password ("Dan's Mon-kee"), and I'll give you a 10% discount -- maybe more if I'm in a good mood.

Thanks again, and if anyone has further suggestions or ideas, I'd be most appreciative.

Bart Brown Wings & Wheels Hobbies

Reply to
Barton Brown

how far is easton from clinton?

You gonna have web sales available to those of us WAY out west?!?!

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Parson

Here's something I always figured I would do if I had a shop, Bart:

"Package Deals" - You know, offer a kit, related resin aftermarket stuff, a related aftermarket decal sheet and maybe the appropriate Squadron Signal "In Action" book, all for a single, discounted price.

Or, at the very least, set up a rotating display of a particular kit and pluck out of your regular stock the same related aftermarket items and surround the kit with them.

Whaddaya think?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Hmmm, 130 miles is a little too far, but very tempting if I'm ever heading down that way.

I've printed out directions though!

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

According to the easily-accessible Yahoo map site, Easton to Clinton is

48.1 miles.

Bart Wings & Wheels Hobbies

Reply to
Barton Brown

Soon -- probably after the first of the year.

Bart Brown Wings & Wheels Hobbies

Reply to
Barton Brown

Excellent idea! Thanks -- I will start doing this in a small way, but try to build up a database relating specific kits to specific aftermarket items and publications. Never thought of this -- cool.

Bart Brown Wings & Wheels Hobbies

Reply to
Barton Brown

Rob --

Maybe we'll work out some kind of distance award!

Bart Brown Wings & Wheels Hobbies

Reply to
Barton Brown

i don't support yahoo.

Barton- Best of luck with the shop. I've been to Wings and Wheels many times. I used to stop in while commuting from New Haven to New London and back again. I'll have to stop in later this month. Has the location changed, or are you still in the same place? I hope you keep selling the old kits. I always loved looking through the oop stacks. I also like the display cases with great builtups.

Cheers, Ron

Reply to
OSTIAANTIC