R.I.P.: Panasonic NE-7650A Microwave

I am saddened to note the passing, at 7:36 tonight, of one Panasonic NE-7650A Microwave Oven, aged 21 years.

R.I.P.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

......sweet lol

chip

Kurt Laughl> I am saddened to note the passing, at 7:36 tonight, of one Panasonic

Reply to
chip

damn...was that one of those make a cup of water hot in 3 minutes dinosaurs? we learned a long time ago,that most of the time when one gave up,it just needed a new fuse...any chance of resusitation?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

"Eyeball2002308" wrote

It was old, but big and powerful. It was from the days when people thought it was progress to be able to microwave a turkey, hence it was sized to fit a turkey. . . Interior dimensions: 15-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 10-1/4, empty weight:

57 lbs. No fuse is noted in the instruction manual. It's chart is marked "DNR".

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Do I hear spray booth?

[In best mad scientist voice]: It's alive!

Kaliste Saloom #30703 IPMS/Acadiana Plastic Modelers Society Lafayette, LA (USA)

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Our prayers and thoughts are with you during your time of sorrow.

  1. So young.

Is there an inherent race memory that will help you through this time? Stoves and ovens, as difficult as they can be, are actually functional, even they shall struggle through during this tme of loss.

Never gve up! Never surrender!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sounds like the big steel ones the local 7-11 had in the 70s.When I was 10 or

11 I microwaved a can in it with no problems. But recently I tried warming a frozen packet of butter from a fast food joint in our current one.I forgot to take the foil off and it was like the 4th of July!
Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Fine job of keepin' there KL. I feel your pain.

Kaliste has a notable idea there; it's already got a fan! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy (Keeper) wrote in news:20041020001802.23955.00002306 @mb-m16.aol.com:

It's really not dead...as long as you remember it.

TF

Reply to
TForward

Just an aside from fixing a few "dead" TV's and stereo receivers, pop the panel near the line cord and usually there's a soldered in fuse.

Reply to
Ron

Too small.....can't fit 1/350 cruisers let alone BB and CV's......

Reply to
Ron

I feel your pain. Sounds like my old Tappen Microwave. It is 21+ years old and still nuking, except the timers broken, so I have to use an egg timer.

The biggest microwave I found so far, has a 1.6 cubic ft capacity.

Reply to
m.gary.kroman

be carefull, they do start to toss microwaves around with age. they can leak.

can you take the tt and motor out? it's a 110volt motor and plywood can make a base.

I feel your pain, but if you had bought a "Monkey Ward" special the darn thing would still be there nuking away. 27 years and still cranking out the microwaves.

Rick Two hernias from moving the thing.

Reply to
OXMORON1

Microwave Oven, aged 21 years. R.I.P. KL>>

As someone has said, it could be a future spray booth; only problem with that idea is that the fan is set up to pump air in, not remove it. However, if all else fails, rescue the motor/blower from it. It's a small, but powerful axial flow job that does quite well as a spray booth exhaust fan, and pretty easy to convert for that task.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

I thought I could hear taps playing softly in the distance.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

I feel your pain, our family just lost our Toshiba micro after nearly 20 years sterling service, it too was larger than today's contemporaries, it will be missed.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Well, was not the grandfather-of-them-all, the "Amana Radar Range"? They were around in the early 1960's, if not earlier, correct?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Man, have these things been around that long?! I've only learned how to use one recently, mostly for heating cold coffee.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller