Revell He-170 (kit #04229) Hungarian Air Force Option

Hi there,

Perhaps for some sin I committed in a past life, a strange cosmic force compels me to make the Revell AG Heinkel He-70 'Blitz' kit (04229), which is a re-release of Matchbox's model, with all the fit and quality issues that come with it.

I am going to make the Hungarian Air Force license-built version (i.e. He-170A, with a radial engine). The colour scheme is from 1942, a Luftwaffe-style splinter scheme in three colours with a light blue/grey undersurface. There is a colour palette here:

but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Now Revell, bless 'em, instruct the hapless modeller to use the following colour scheme:

1) Underside Colour "I" - Hellblau/Light blue (Revell Matt 49) probably equivalent to RLM 65(?) 2) Camo Colour "N" - 90% Wood-brown (Revell 382 ) + 10% Brown (Revell 381) 3) Camo Colour "O" - 90% Olive Green (Revell 361) + 10% White (Revell 301) 4) Camo Colour "P" - Grey (Revell 374)

all colours are described as 'silky-matt', but that's neither here nor there, asi t can be handled easilt with a satin coat or whatever.

My question is: does anyone know which are the appropriate colours in 'straight' RLM terms, and how can I get them without mixing?

Any help is appreciated.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Riddle

I have the original Matchbox instructions that I went by and they're a bit more enlightening that Revell's, apparently. I also had Squadron's Hungarian Air Force book as a reference.

Underside is Hellblau 65 Uppersides are in Sandgelb 79, Dunkelgrün 71 and Schwarzgrün 70.

IIRC, I used ModelMaster colours on mine. I really ought to finish it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

And after I sent that I thought, "Why didn't I offer to scan the instructions?" Please consider it offered.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hi Bill,

Thankyou for your quick and most informative response.

Please consider your offer of a scan accepted.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Riddle