Sherman in Fury

Cookie,

I am picking up he new Tamiya Esay 8 at the Model Classic at the end of the month. Could you turn your experienced eye on Fury and give us a rundown of what it take to duplicate that, in the same vein as you gave Oddball's Sherman so long ago. Which I still have a copy of.

Reply to
Frank Tauss

Verlinden makes a Fury detail set for the Tamiya kit

A cheaper option is the Italeri Fury tank kit, but won't be nearly as nice.

RobG

RobG wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Cool on the Verlinden. Now I just need the decals.

Reply to
Frank Tauss

There's also a more expensive Legends set that includes decals.

RobG

Frank,

To be precise it was an M4A2E8 (GMC diesel powered!) but as it was supposed to be an A3 no harm no foul.

Most of what you need can be taken from the video by freeze frame - I want to say the markings were for 2AD 66 Armor Dog Company. You will need to check out the stowage (the three logs that could be blown off the right side are more Hollywood than ETO but look good in photos!)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

RobG wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes, I saw that one, too. A company called Weikert makes decals for Fury in

1/35 and 1/16 and i see Paddinghaus has them in 1/16 which means they propably have them in 1/35, too.

Verlinfden + decals < Legend, so probably the way to go.

Thanks, i should have thought of ebay first!

Reply to
Frank Tauss

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I just picked up on the diesel bit last couple of days. Oh well it isn't a "real" vehicle, right? They were talking about gas not fuel in the movie. As I noted above Weikert and Paddinghaus seem to have decals.

On the log thing, I would have sworn I'd seen pictures of that as cheapo standoff armor, is that really just a modeller/movie thing?

Reply to
Frank Tauss

The M4A2E8 played the role of an M4A3E8. When you are using 70 year old tan ks, you got to use what you can get that's still operational. As far as log armor, I'd look for WW2 photographic evidence for something similar or els e I'd chalk it up as "looks interesting, but may or may not have happened."

Reply to
RobG