CAMWorks, anyone?

The place I work in is looking at Solid Edge, and I had a nice chat with the rep. He indicated to me that the next release of Solid Edge (current is v18) would partner with NX Cam, much in the same way that SolidWorks is with Cosmos. I've been saying this for a while, if SolidWorks were to join with Mastercam, they could be the killer app for job shops. But if Mastercam does not get on board, I'm sure SolidWorks can find another partner, because this looks like the next logical direction for CAD to go into. If SE and SW (and eventually Autodesk) start battling it out in the CAM arena, this will be good since even the better programs like Mastercam are cumbersome to draw and model with.

Isn't it 2007 yet?

Reply to
Rocco

it would be nice to have feature-compatability with a proven CAM. solidCAM, while integrated well, apparently does not (yet?) have the "reliability" of mastercam.

i think this is one area where the proE guys *may* have something to say.

Reply to
tddodge

There's a long standing joke at RMA. They call the Rhino ducky tutorial "Banquer's Bane". If he ever completes it he should post it somwhere.

Reply to
cadcon

I don't know the disscussion but the item must be:

"Have you ever posted examples your work like I did on the alt.machines.cnc chat server that Anthony runs ?".

Wasn't that when he was raving about VX? Or between VX and Swiss Army Knives? It's hard to keep track of them all. AFAIK that's the only time he's ever posted anything except his unfounded opinions and that was, as everyone knows, a first rate screw up. First rule in the Usenet Bullshit Artist's Handbook: "Never allow yourself to be put in a position where you have to prove what you say is true.". UBA Guild is considering official censure.

Usenet dummy: "Can you explain what Unified-Hybrid is?". Jon Banquer: "They're conjoined twins. One is my son and the other my nephew.".

--Add

to your usenet FAQ.

Reply to
nocadcamho