CamWorks v EdgeCam

We have been using CamWorks for a while now but it is very buggy and we are having a load of problems with the NC output to our mill and lathe. Has anyone got any experience of EdgeCam (especially in the UK) and got any opinions?

Also open to any other suggestions for a package that could work effortlessly with SolidWorks.

Reply to
Chris Newman

I'm haven't used Edgecam, but I am looking into it for the same reason. I talked with a guy in my swug who switched to it from Camworks, and he greatly prefers it, he likes its flexibility in editing toolpaths. One of the advantages as I see is it doesn't operate within Solidworks and therefore doesn't add its bugs to Solidworks bugs. One of the biggest hassles I have with Camworks is how it keeps nagging me when I'm trying to use Solidworks.

Reply to
JKimmel

SolidCAM is also a Gold Partner solution

JKimmel wrote:

Reply to
CS