Configuring multi-core processors

If you have a pc with a Core 2 Duo, and it's typically running SWX and the usual MS Office apps, is there any way of configuring the hardware to more effectively use the 2 processors?

At the moment, it seems like only one processor does all the work. I recall, however, from reading previous threads, that SWX (excluding Cosmos?) does not make use of multiple cores/processors. It's the only app I use that consumes large amounts of CPU time.

Is there anything better than the default setup, or is that just wishful thinking?

John H

Reply to
John H