Decal or Solidworks Sketch

I have never needed to apply a decal or a logo to a model until now. However I not only need to apply the logo, but the lettering must be raised about .060" off a cylindrical surface. I have no problem raising it off the surface, my problem is not knowing if I can actually use the logo for the drawing,to project up to the surface, or do I need to import it into SWX, trace over it and create my own SWX geometry. I have black and white artwork from the client. It is in my best interest to know this before I bid on the project. I remain thanking in advance anyone who would be kind enough to respond. Karen Rojas

Reply to
kareninventress

Karen,

It is best to try obtain the original artwork in a form other than bitmap. Chances are good that it was created in Adobe Illustrator. If that's the case, try to get the Illustrator file sent to you. SolidWorks can then read in the Illustrator file directly to a sketch where you can use the Wrap function to Emboss it from the Cylinder. If it needs to be moldable detail and the cylinderical area is large, by might want to just extude uptooffset.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti