Deleting Smart Component Features

Is there a way to delete smart component features, without deleting the smart component itself?

I have a smart component in an assembly that has a smart component feature in one of the parts. I need to delete this feature. But I don't want to delete the smart component itself. Re-inserting it would be a nightmare because: there are actually many that I want to do this to, there are lots of mates to these components, I want to be able to re-apply these features later in the design process.

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Have you tried opening the smart component, saving it with a different name and making the mod directly to the file?

Matt

fcsuper

I need the component to remain, and remain the same name. I just want to remove the feature that it creates. You have got to manually apply smart component features to the other parts in the assembly. I did that, but now figured out that I should not have done this just yet. I don't see a way to un-apply these features, and get SW to recognize it.

I tried this. I opened the part that had the smart component features applied to it, and deleted these features manually. They deleted just fine. But when I go back to the assembly, SW shows the smart component still in "smart component state", instead of just another part like I want.

When it is in "smart component state" (features being applied), its in its own special looking folder that is implying that its in "smart component state". When I try to delete this folder, the component itself deletes as well.

Surely there has got to be a way to do this without deleting the component as well.....

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I got it.... As soon as I hit send on my last post, I immediately went switched back to SW, and by shear chance figured it out. When you delete the smart component special folder, there is a checkmark in the confirmation box to delete the smart component as well. I had never seen this before. It was checked by default.

Learned something new today....

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

there are two ways.

  1. save the smart component in your working folder and replace it with the exsiting one.

OR

  1. keep your assembly open and right click on smart component and open the component tnah save it by some diffrent name it will automatically update the same components on other location in assembly.

hopefull it will help you.

ali

Reply to
momic