Joe 788 Bankruptcy Auction

My business planning of hiring button-pushing morons and doing all the programming and setups myself because no one I employ has a brain isn't working. Neither is bidding parts a cheap as possible and hoping for the as much volume as I can get. As a result my super expensive CNC machines will soon be on the auction block. I don't want Jon Banquer to buy them for pennies no the dollar. I need help and I need help now! Jon Banquer is going to be right about me once again and I hate that!

Reply to
Joe788

Sorry Jon, I hate to break it to you, but I just bought a 5 axis vertical that's worth more than your life. I have some worn out thread cages I'll sell to you. You can "certify" them on your optical comparator!

Reply to
Joe788

Sorry Jon, I hate to break it to you, but I just bought a 5 axis vertical that's worth more than your life. I have some worn out thread cages I'll sell to you. You can "certify" them on your optical comparator!

===============================

If you had a more complicated handle, with like a ® or a © in it, jb wouldn't be ABLE to forge it!

jb has a very high CQ (confusion quotient). If the pollen count gets high, I wouldn't be surprised to see jb walking around with a condom on his nose.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

? I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back? ? Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002

***

"You never chain geometry in Gibbs or SmartCAM. It's not necessary."

-Jon Banquer - May 20, 2005

SmartCAM Manual "Create the elements in any order, and sequence them later, using modeling tools such as Chain."

***

"I'm the kind of person who doesn't learn very well reading pure theory. I get bored really quick." - Jon Banquer ? July 22, 2007

"make the video interesting like you did for the razor. Without a practical real world example like the razor I find myself losing interest quickly." - Jon Banquer - Aug 3, 2006

?What you have shown is how "clueless" you and other engineers are? ? Jon Banquer - High School Drop - June 30, 2007

?Most engineers and posters to this forum are hardly professional? ? Jon Banquer - High School Drop Out- June 2 , 2006

-- Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Suppose I were to show up at the auction and outbid Jon. Would that make you feel better?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

The truth is more that lots of kids do not have the attention span to go into science or engineering.

The wages are not crap at least in my opinion. Most of the engineers where I used to work make over $100,000 a year. Maybe not as much as some other professions, but still a liveable wage.

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster

The truth is more that lots of kids do not have the attention span to go into science or engineering.

The wages are not crap at least in my opinion. Most of the engineers where I used to work make over $100,000 a year. Maybe not as much as some other professions, but still a liveable wage.

Dan

There is no real incentive to go into engineering. Most kids do not see much of the engineering in back of the gameboy, PS3, etc. They have to take math, and math these days has to be dumbed down for the slowest in the class, so the bright kids get bored. Pay is lower than it should be, because of the number of H1 visas allowed, but still not shabby pay. I made over a $100k when I retired 6.5 years ago, and that is most likely a lot more than a machinist at Qualcomm knocks down, including OT. That is with a BSc degree and some advanced courses. The government is not helping. A lot of that stimulus money should have gone to education grants for technical courses, with the stipulation that the schools can not raise tuition. Every time there has been an increase in financial aid, the universities / colleges have raised the rates a little more than the aid increase.

Reply to
Calif Bill

Unfortunately, the economics forecasts for mechanical engineering are pretty poor, even with a turnaround in the economy. The Dept. of Labor expects 4% growth over the span of 2006 - 2016; about half the growth rate for labor overall, and also half the growth rate for engineering overall.

They expect much better growth for industrial engineers -- 20% over the same time span -- but that projection was made well before the current downturn.

Machinists are in an ironic situation, because the number of machinists is expected to decline by 3% by 2016. But job prospects are good, because the mean age of machinists is very high (it was 58 the last time I checked, a couple of years ago) and there aren't enough young ones getting into it. The net effect, says the Labor Dept., is "good" job prospects.

Historically, the USDL forecasts have proven to be fairly accurate, in relative terms, if not in absolute ones.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

china and india may have a lot of eng.sci.math. students and graduates, but it also has a very high level of corruption, those graduate degrees can be bought - and a lot are to facilitate immigration visas to the west.

Reply to
raamman

You do realize that is Jon posing as me, right? His jealousy has always been strong, but today it hit a fever pitch.

Reply to
Joe788

Yeah Ed. They have and so even a psycho like JB will be haunting America interminably. Now that's sad.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

You do realize that Joe788 is a fake name and I'm the real Joe788 that completely owns the fake Joe788, right? Your jealousy over Jon Banquer and the company he works for being debt free has always been strong but today it's all blown up in you face.... again.

Reply to
Joe788

Why waste time in school ?

Televangelist Compensation Form 990 Peter Popoff Ministries - Peter Popoff President $628,732 (FYE 12/2005)

Trinity Broadcasting Network - Paul F. Crouch Sr. President, Director $419,500 (FYE 12/2005)

International Fellowship of Christians and Jews - Yechiel Eckstein President, CEO $416,004 (FYE 12/2006)

Christian Broadcasting Network -D. Little President $275,868 (FYE 03/2005)

Educational Media Foundation - Richard Jenkins President $257,630 (FYE

12/2005)

Ligonier Ministries - Timothy Dick President, CEO $245,197 (FYE 12/2006)

Christian Research Institute -Hank Hanegraaff President $211,632 (FYE

06/2006)

Luis Palau Association - Luis Palau President $210,399 (FYE 12/2005)

New Life Ministries - Stephen Arterburn Chief Executive Officer $183,895 (FYE 12/2006)

Jewish Voice Ministries International - Jonathan Bernis President $172,111 (FYE 12/2006)

Christ for all Nations - Reinhard Bonnke President $162,165 (FYE 12/2005)

Grace to You - John F. MacArthur President $160,000 (FYE 06/2006)

Andrew Wommack Ministries -Andrew Wommack President, CEO $155,207 (FYE

09/2006)

Jack Van Impe Ministries International - Jack Van Impe President $153,143 (FYE 12/2005)

Insight for Living - Cynthia Swindoll President $149,133 (FYE 06/2006)

These are jobs that can never be outsourced.

Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

So you are saying that the growth rate for engineers is about 8 %. That sounds pretty good to me especially if that does not take into account the engineers that retire. At my last job they worried a lot about the number of engineers that were close to retirement. Something like 40 percent were eligible to retire. My understanding is that the graduation rate for engineers is not growing, in fact it is shrinking. So the pool is shrinking while the demand is growing.

One of the good things about engineering is that it provides the technical background needed for a lot of other jobs. One problem is that a lot of engineers do not have good communication skills. So while they have the technical skills, they do not have all the skills needed for management.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I am sure you have seen a lot of engineers that have been cut in middle age and whose salaries have stagnated. So have I. But my observation is that they have not worked at staying current in their profession. Most professions do not require the continual learning to remain current. For electrical engineers, the accepted belief is that half of all their knowledge is obsolete every seven years. It is not like that for lawyers and bankers. Even doctors do not have as rapid a change in required knowledge.

So most of those engineers cut are engineers that prefer to play golf to learning new engineering skills. For example I took courses on vacuum tube design in college. The first job I had required me to learn transistor design. That was good for a while, but soon integrated circuits replaced transistors. About the same time I had to learn computer design and software programming. Not how to use a speadsheet or a wordprocessing program. I mean machine level programming and programs for real time control. This made learning how to use microprocessors to replace integrated circuits easier. And somewhere is there was learning gate arrays.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

It's 11% actually, over a 10-year period: 1.1%/year.

Better than etchers and engravers; somewhat worse than embalmers.

Thus, the employment of people like me. d8-)

It's not just engineers. It's doctors and scientists of all kinds. Editing something written by an engineer can be depressing but editing something written by a physician can be scary.

The ones who are good are a real breath of fresh air, and there are some very good ones.

Some would have trouble finding a taco stand, if they have to ask someone. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Jon, how come your faux shop is filled with worn out junk equipment?

Reply to
Joe788

Nice...what did you get?

Reply to
Zymrgy

This is a small point, and I didn't look it up again, but I remember now that the age 58 average is for toolmakers, not machinists. Machinists were somewhat lower but hardly low: it was early '50s, IIRC.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Mercifully, Jon has not projected much of his puke onto RCM, so I don't know what he's claimed or not over the past few years. But this claim of his is just out of date by seven or eight years. Hexagon has juggled their acquired brands and manufacturing facilities as if they have no connection to each other -- and they really don't, the way they operate. But they've kept a Swiss identity for the TESA brand, and they manufacture their hand measuring instruments, at least, in their old facility in Geneva.

I have a TESA vernier caliper, BTW, which I've had for over 30 years now, as a backup to my electronic Mitutoyos. Nice stuff. It even feels Swiss.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress