Microsoft Remote Destop and S/W?

Does anyone know if S/W 2006 can be -successfully- used with Remote Desktop under Win XP Pro?

Reply to
Jack

I've done it from home to my work PC. It is kind-of choppy due to the high amount of graphical information that is being transferred. From my experience, I don't recommend it. But if you had to use it, you could.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

It seemed like a good way to review designs from a client's desk without dragging him to my office.

Reply to
Jack

We use Inquiero in our SolidWorks support line. Provides amazingly fast graphics, very usable. See

for details. It is not free, though.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

About SW 2005, I didn't manage to make it works. Open GL? There is nothing displayed in the child graphic window. All other stuff are OK (menu, bar,...) I use RealVNC

Usable for long distance reviews.

Ronan

Reply to
ron

Looked into inquiero, couldn't get a price without requesting a quote so I did a search and found a reviewer's site that claimed inquiero costs $170.00 per month. Too steep for me, but thanks for the link.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks Ronan - reviewed info on RealVNC's web site and downloaded the personal edition to try it out. $30 sounds good if it does what I want.

Reply to
Jack

Try RealVNC. It is free and works well.

Reply to
TOP

Dameware works good with Solidworks. Very nice software and good at handling graphics.

/Mike S

Reply to
solidworks