Re: Help! lost in the parts tree

Hi AC,

Can you repost the parts helper again please? It's no longer on the link below and I'd like to get it again. Alternatively (or also)please send direct to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

AC wrote:

Wayne T pointed out some minor issues with this macro (not least the > spelling mistake .....oops). > > It never occurred to me before that other people may find this

useful,

so once I got it working I knew how it worked and that was that. > > I made the changes below and reposted here:- >

Perhaps some of you guys with macros on their sites could make this > available for anyone who wants it or even better someone with more VB > skills could improve on it and make it available. > > > 1. Warns if not in an assembly. > > 2. Doesn't crash if you unsuppress or delete the last part in the > list. > > 3. Fixed the spelling (I have to admit to terrible spelling skills). > > > On 22 Jan 2005 10:57:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BrownLF) wrote: > > >I have an assembly that has about 100 components in it. It's a

development job

>and various options have been explored along the way and many parts are hidden > >or suppressed. Pretty typical really. Part naming is often not as specific as > >desired when I am looking for a particular part in the tree that's hidden or > >suppressed in the model. I can't remember how many times I have unsuppressed a > >part only to find it's not the one I want!. > > > >Does anyone else have this problem? I think a great enhancement to SWX would be > >the facility to run down the tree but maybe with another key

pressed, see a

>ghost of the hidden or suppressed tree part highlighted in the model or else an > >icon of the part appear next to the tree entry. > > > >Maybe there is another answer that I'm not aware of though? > > > >Comments and help welcomed. > > > >Les > > AC > > To reply via email remove all numbers from address
Reply to
oily rag

You can download the latest version here

Thanks to Wayne Tiffany, who took time to test it and email with suggestions, help and most importantly encouragement, it has undergone some improvements and while there are still a few minor issues (and some things on the wish list) it is now more robust.

Any and all feedback and suggestions welcomed.

AC

To reply via email remove all numbers from address

Reply to
AC

I've got that working and it's pretty good! Is there anything similar for showing hidden parts as well?

Reply to
teckkno

That would be a good idea to make it do both hidden and suppressed. I'll add that to the list for when I get some time.

For now, as it was a simple change I've posted a separate macro for hidden parts.

AC

To reply via email remove all numbers from address

Reply to
AC

Such service!! Many thanks, I shall rush off and try it.

Reply to
teckkno