shaded with edges problem 2005 and performance

I have had a problem opening some assemblies from 2004 into 2005 that the edges disappear on, which should be in the shaded with edges mode. For some reason the shaded with edges button is grayed out. If I go into view>display>customize menu it is turned on and if I turn it on and off it doesn't help. It also seems like everything in the tools>options>display window that needs to be checked is checked.

The strange thing is if I select and open a part from this assembly it opens up in shaded with edges and the button is there?

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

I am also having some performance issues as everything seems to have slowed down after I upgraded. When I am in drawing mode almost any action I do there is an annoying lag time in between. The same goes for dragging a mate in an assembly, I'll drag it and then wait too long for it to move. An assembly with less than 100 parts. I don't think it's a computer issue I'm running an AMD Athlon 2.133GHz with a gig of ram and a 3d labs wildcat 990 and xp pro.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
jaweber

For the shaded with edges issue check if Large Assembly Mode is getting turned on.

Tools | Large Assembly Mode

AC

To reply via email remove all numbers from address

Reply to
AC

Thanks that did the trick for the edges.

Reply to
jaweber