Solidworks & Vista

Has anyone gotten it to work?

I am running RC2Build 5744. I have tried SW 2007 and SW 2006 sp3.1. It will not run for me.

Monty

Reply to
Monty

asow34

Frankly, I don't know that I want to support VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

initial install, for a total of 2 installs, and then you have to go out and buy a new VISTA DVD.

So after you have a hard drive fail or upgrade your motherboard or buy some other new hardware that for the 2nd time triggers the "Windows Genuine Advantage" (please don't hammer me for using this term), you have reached the end of the line and you are, in legal terms, "the screwed customer", who must now fork over additional money for a new copy of VISTA.

I do NOT like the look of the train coming down the tracks and I know I can't stop it by just standing there.

I DO KNOW why I like the Mac OS on my machines and why Linux is going to continue to get better.

Bo

asow34 wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Monty, we will be launching a Beta program for a native version of SW for Vista in the November timeframe. We will be sending out a mailing to all of our subscription customers. Please stay tuned.

Regards

Mark SolidWorks

Reply to
mbiasotti

"Bo" wrote in news:1160737795.496974.322900 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Oh, geez. You're back on this again? You'd think you have a hard drive fail every month. I haven't had a hdd fail in 4 years. And the last mobo that failed was replaced by the manufacturer under warrantee. The stuff hasn't even shipped and the naysayers already attack with such unreasonably stupid claims. Your crystal ball is fogged and is only reflecting radical leftist conspiracies from your alarmist imagination. Do stop.

Hold it, would you stand a little to the left, a little more please, yes, right between the rails. Excellent.

You've been hanging out with jb, havent you? Linux "continue to get better"? That's easy, at this point there's only one direction for them to go. Please stop going on about the freaking mac.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

Reply to
Monty

Think I will just stick with Win XP for a couple years to let the dust settle.

Life will be much easier.

Bo

FlowerPot wrote:

Reply to
Bo

I thought we were all agreed..... we all use beta software every day....that's why we're in this group. :-)

John H

Reply to
John H

John, to quote Charlie Brown, "Arrrg".

In earlier years with a relaxed schedule and holding "the world by a string", I could accept Beta confusion and issues.

Now, for a variety of reasons, stability & productivity is paramount.

I hope for the best with SWks compatibility with VISTA, but I am going to be super cautious, and let others be the first pioneers into the next river valley.

Bo

John H wrote:

Reply to
Bo