Color Comparison Chart for Model Paints?

Does anyone know if there has ever been a color comparison chart between the different brands of model paints? I'm looking for an equivalent in Polyscale for Scalecoat II Boxcar red.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Rutan

Boxcar red should be the basic "red oxide". On the prototype this is very much a variable colour. Even if it started out the same in the paint shop it varies with the length of time it has been subjected to sunlight, rain, abrasion and polution. You should aim to have every vehicle a subtly different shade and with a different degree of weathering. :-)

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Thing is, the Scalecoat II Boxcar Red is going on a DLW wood caboose. I like acrylics so I'm looking for the equivalent color in Polyscale. (If I had 2 cabooses to paint, I'd probably alter the coor a mite for the variety.)

Dave

Reply to
Dave Rutan