Converting Conventional Engines to TMCC

I am a newbie at model RR's and need some advice. I have two Lionel non-TMCC engines that I would like to run with the TMMC. I do not want to go with Track Power Control because my son wants to run both trains on the same track. If it is possible, I would like to convert both engines to TMCC control. Both engines are 4-4-2, one has railsound, one does not, and they are both 2003 models.

I found a site called Digital Dynamics that says they have a receiver module for $30 that will plug right in to 1999 and later Lionel engines. Has anyone ever used this? Any other advice on inexpensive ways to convert engines to TMCC?

Reply to
ladyvols6

Lionel

not want

trains

both

railsound,

receiver

inexpensive

To use the R2LC Receiver Module by itself you have to have a locomotive that said "Command Upgradeable" in the instruction manual. In other words, it already has a 'mother board' installed the R2LC can plug into.

The 4-4-2 starter set locos are not upgradeable out of the box. So you would need the complete AC/DC DLX kit ($79.95) from Digital Dynamics to add Command Control to these locos.

-- Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len