CW-80 Schematic

Has anyone seen a schematic for Lionel's CW-80 transformer???
The fan in mine is starting to make noise...
Thanks much!
Chet

Why do you want a schematic to fix a noisy fan? Just open it up and oil or replace the fan.
--
Bill Kaiser
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu

Might help. There's a website somewhere that has a lot of instructions from various manufacturers in various scales. I've seen it, but don't have the URL off hand, sorry.
Maybe someone else knows what it is.
--
Bill Kaiser
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu
Internal parts for the CW-80 are not available from Lionel, as it's not considered a "user repairable" item. That said, the fan is just one of those 12VDC sealed bearing mini-fans used in many computers. The trick is finding a triangle tipped screw driver to open the case with! ;^)
When they show up at my LHW, I plan to replace my CW-80 with one of the new Atlas-O 80 watt transformers that don't need a fan. Plus they allow "common ground" wiring of track and accessories like the older Lionel transformers did.
Len
On 12/19/2007 4:50 PM Len spake thus:

Not a problem; just make one from an old screwdriver by grinding a three-sided shank. I've done it.

I've
as it's

is just

computers.
the case

grinding a

How do you think I know the fan is just one of those 12VDC mini-fans?? ;^))
Len
Hi Guys!
Thanks to all who responded...
And, yes, after much searching of security head screwdrivers I've decided I'm gonna have to grind my own...
As to the CW-80, I've tried hooking up a couple of independently powered accessories & computer sensors to the accessory jacks with just miserable results.
I'm thinking a common ground transformer referred to in an earlier post may be the ultimate answer to my problems.
Chet

Chet & Audrey Roberts wrote:

You might want to look at the Z1000 by MTH.

Related Threads