CW-80 Schematic

Threaded View
Has anyone seen a schematic for Lionel's CW-80 transformer???

The fan in mine is starting to make noise...

Thanks much!

Chet

Re: CW-80 Schematic

Why do you want a schematic to fix a noisy fan?  Just open it up and oil
or replace the fan.

--
Bill Kaiser
wkaiser@mtholyoke.edu

Re: CW-80 Schematic
Hi Bill,

I thought the schematic would be useful in determining the correct part
number...

Figured the extra knowlege wouldn't hurt...

Chet

Re: CW-80 Schematic

Might help.  There's a website somewhere that has a lot of instructions
from various manufacturers in various scales.  I've seen it, but don't
have the URL off hand, sorry.

Maybe someone else knows what it is.

--
Bill Kaiser
wkaiser@mtholyoke.edu

Re: CW-80 Schematic

correct part
instructions
but don't

Internal parts for the CW-80 are not available from Lionel, as
it's not considered a "user repairable" item.
That said, the fan is just one of those 12VDC sealed bearing
mini-fans used in many computers. The trick is finding a triangle
tipped screw driver to open the case with! ;^)

When they show up at my LHW, I plan to replace my CW-80 with one
of the new Atlas-O 80 watt transformers that don't need a fan.
Plus they allow "common ground" wiring of track and accessories
like the older Lionel transformers did.

Len

Re: CW-80 Schematic
On 12/19/2007 4:50 PM Len spake thus:

Not a problem; just make one from an old screwdriver by grinding a
three-sided shank. I've done it.

Re: CW-80 Schematic

I've
as it's
is just
computers.
the case
grinding a

How do you think I know the fan is just one of those 12VDC
mini-fans?? ;^))

Len

Site Timeline