Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)

Threaded View

--
Please change my Email address to farosenbaum1@charter.net
I will not have any other Email account.

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)

I think it's time to stem this tide of puns before we flounder on
the shoals of over-extended humor.

Norman Morgan <> http://www.norm-morgan.com
Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:45:43 -0000, Norman Morgan

It does seem to be going overboard.  Such humor is best appreciated
while harboring a good port.

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
By coincidence, a friend in town mentioned recently that he used to work for
Voco many years ago making parts and packing their kits (with balsa hulls
back then).  I asked him about your question.  He said the principal behind
Voco was:
Joe Volanski
355 Barrington Ridge Road
Painesville, OH 44077-1505
(440) 352 4663
My friend believes Joe is still alive (probably in his late 70's) and still
resides with his wife at that address, although it has been a few years
since his last contact with them.  The Voco shop used to be at:
1420 Mentor Ave.
Painesville, OH
but that is probably no longer active.  If this info helps you contact the
Volanski's about your instructions, I'd appreciate receiving feedback to
pass back to my friend.  (Remove the NOSPAM in my email address.)  Thanks,
and I'll not try to sink this with any more bad puns.  Gary Q

no
of
of

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
Thanks, Geezer. I will write a letter to Joe tomorrow. If your friend
doesn't mind, can I use his name in my letter?

I called directory assistance and there was no listing for VOCO, so I
believe that it is either sold and moved or out of business.

Please change my Email address to farosenbaum1@charter.net
I will not have any other Email account.

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
| I was at our train meet yesterday, and found a "Voco Model Display" Great
| Lakes Bulk Freighter kit. I bought it and when I opened it up, there were
no
| 'formal' instructions. I have not found them listed on the web, or in the
| NMRA library.

I think that Bearco is producing the freighter.  Next Ohio town over from
Voco's home.

http://www.bearcomarine.com/home.htm

CTucker
NY

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
I think that we have a winner here!!

Thanks to all who helped.

I am going to call Bearco this morning.

Geezer: if this doesn't work out, I will write the letter using the
information that you gave me.

Thanks again for your input.

Frank

Please change my Email address to farosenbaum1@charter.net
I will not have any other Email account.

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)
Buoys:

    Despite the superior humor we often sea here, I am sure the port
poster was glad you kept this thread on course.

Gerard Pawlowski

Re: Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)

I am ferry glad that we could keep this car afloat long enough for me to get
some hints. I haven't called Bearco marine yet, but I will get to it soon.
Then the lake port on my railroad can progress. (had to keep it on topic,
you know.)

It is Erie, you know, with all these sea worthy puns floating around it is
amazing that they don't float-some more our way.

It's your turn now. You know, Hur-on.

--
Please change my Email address to farosenbaum1@charter.net
I will not have any other Email account.

Site Timeline