Instructions for a lake freighter(HO scale)

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote in news:oM_Wd.887$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga:

I think it's time to stem this tide of puns before we flounder on the shoals of over-extended humor.

Reply to
Norman Morgan

It does seem to be going overboard. Such humor is best appreciated while harboring a good port.

Reply to
3D

By coincidence, a friend in town mentioned recently that he used to work for Voco many years ago making parts and packing their kits (with balsa hulls back then). I asked him about your question. He said the principal behind Voco was: Joe Volanski

355 Barrington Ridge Road Painesville, OH 44077-1505 (440) 352 4663 My friend believes Joe is still alive (probably in his late 70's) and still resides with his wife at that address, although it has been a few years since his last contact with them. The Voco shop used to be at: 1420 Mentor Ave. Painesville, OH but that is probably no longer active. If this info helps you contact the Volanski's about your instructions, I'd appreciate receiving feedback to pass back to my friend. (Remove the NOSPAM in my email address.) Thanks, and I'll not try to sink this with any more bad puns. Gary Q

Reply to
Geezer

Thanks, Geezer. I will write a letter to Joe tomorrow. If your friend doesn't mind, can I use his name in my letter?

I called directory assistance and there was no list> By coincidence, a friend in town mentioned recently that he used to

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

| I was at our train meet yesterday, and found a "Voco Model Display" Great | Lakes Bulk Freighter kit. I bought it and when I opened it up, there were no | 'formal' instructions. I have not found them listed on the web, or in the | NMRA library.

I think that Bearco is producing the freighter. Next Ohio town over from Voco's home.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

I think that we have a winner here!!

Thanks to all who helped.

I am going to call Bearco this morning.

Geezer: if this doesn't work out, I will write the letter using the information that you gave me.

Thanks again for your input.

Frank

Christian wrote:

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Buoys:

Despite the superior humor we often sea here, I am sure the port poster was glad you kept this thread on course.

Gerard Pawlowski

Reply to
pawlowsk002

I am ferry glad that we could keep this car afloat long enough for me to get some hints. I haven't called Bearco marine yet, but I will get to it soon. Then the lake port on my railroad can progress. (had to keep it on topic, you know.)

It is Erie, you know, with all these sea worthy puns floating around it is amazing that they don't float-some more our way.

It's your turn now. You know, Hur-on.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum