Internettrains.com - worst customer service?

In late Janurary, I ordered two packages from

I have yet to recieve either of these two orders. Only one of them has been shipped, and that was sent by UPS international insured, when I had specifically requested UPS international expedited. Furthermore, enquires as to the status of the second order have gone unanswered. I do not know if they have blacklisted my email address or are simply ignoring my enquiries.

In addition to this, when I first placed the order, the Atlas H-15-44 in ATSF was listed as available on the website, even though I had recieved an email saying that this particular model had been discontinued. This model is still listed as being available. I don't know the law in the US, but I'm sure this is some sort of advertising violation.

I would just like to know, has anyone else had an experience like this with this company?

Reply to
Danny B

Ordered a bunch of track and some rolling stock from them when they were new. Took about two weeks for them to get the order out... one thing was back ordered and they wanted to send it as one shipment. They asked me if was ok at least... Right before they shipped anyways.

About 6 months ago they were having a N scale engine sale and were selling some new run Atlas WP GP-40-2 engines for $50US (had to be a price mistake) so naturally I bought quite a few of them. Those came pretty quickly (4 days) and the price shot up on their website back to $87 afterwards I noticed.

Probably going to order some more stuff from them soon.

Dustin

Reply to
Poomfasa

I have ordered from them twice, and both times the items were not in stock, resulting in long delays. They claim that they have a huge inventory, but I do not beleive this to be the case.

Their prices are good, but based on my experience, I would go else where if time is an important issue for you.

Jim

Reply to
lc24402000

There are better places to shop, Discount train online Go Hobbies

Hobby Supply, trainworld.

I have had great experience in ordering from te US to Australia with them.

You should give them a call and request clarification on whats going on and how they shipped.and maybe charge back on credit card if disasified.

Reply to
Anthony Chambers

That's a little unclear ... so did you order the Atlas H-15-44 in ATSF at that time? Which came first... your order, or the e-mail saying that the H-15-44 was discontinued? Did you place the order even though you had an email saying that the model was discontinued?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

The order came first. There were three alternatives for the H-15-44 in ATSF (2 roadnumbers and unlettered), and all three of them were discontinued. After the first one, I tried to order the other two, only to be told they were discontinued as well.

Reply to
Mr Daniel Bella

Are you sure you don't mean H16-44? Atlas offers both H15-44 and H16-44, but only the H16-44 is offered in ATSF colours; blue/yellow - Atlas items 9554, 9555, 9556 zebra stripes - Atlas items 9515, 9516, 9517

If you've ordered Atlas H-16-44 in ATSF, then perhaps Internettrains is just confused about what you're after ... ?

Regards, Ron McF Australia

***
Reply to
RonMcF

This is in N scale. The only Atlas H-15-44 listed on the website in Santa Fe are in Zebra stripes, and the part numbers are 52015, 52016 and 52017. Each of these have been discontinued, and they're still listed as being available. I'm looking at them on the internettrains website right now.

Reply to
Danny TB

Sorry about the part no. mix up Dan. However, my comment re possible confusion still stands. The N scale items that you've listed are all shown on the Atlas web site at

as being H16-44 locos not H15-44.

The items you've listed are (according to Atlas) all zebra stripes. If you want blue/yellow then then refer to items 52054-56 on page

These are also all H16-44s.

I've just looked at the Internettrains page at

and the only ATSF units I can see are the three blue/yellow units (52054-56), for $89.21 each.

TexNRails site shows the zebra units to be 'back order', but lists 52054 and

52055 as 'available' for $70.32 each at
I don't have any idea what the difference is between a H15-44 and a H16-44, but I supsect that there is probably little external difference.

One other place you might try is eBay. I was thinking of buying some a few months back (in N scale) and they were then available "Buy Now", with decoder for about $70.

Best regards, Ron McF Australia

***
Reply to
RonMcF

mfg=ATL&itype=H16-44&scale=N

Bugger! For some reason the link didn't work properly. You might have to copy-paste the complete link right up to " =N".

Ron Oz

***
Reply to
RonMcF

Yep, I've always said all those diesels look alike.

Reply to
Steve Caple

RonMcF spake thus:

That's because you're using a Micro$oft program (Outhouse Express). Get a real mail/news client, like Thunderbird (free at

David Nebenzahl

Yup. It works, but you probably already know that by now.

Reply to
User

***

When you have a really long url to post try:

or

Either will create a link that doesn't wrap. All the newsreaders wrap at 80 characters. Check out Forte Agent, News Rover, Gravity, etc.

Bob

Reply to
User

User spake thus:

Not true; Thunderbird doesn't. Doesn't matter how long the link is.

Internet Explorer: "Doh!"

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

But why use an email client for reading newsgroups when newsreaders work so much better?

Reply to
User

User spake thus:

Ah, but there's the magic part: T-bird (as well as several other non-Micro$oft programs) does *both*. I use it for both mail & news. Handles multiple accounts easily, something OE doesn't have a clue about.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

RonMcF spake thus:

The ability to have more than a single, default mail account.

Outlook Express assumes you have one single ISP, and therefore one set of mail folders. It also assumes that if you have Usenet access that you have only one Usenet provider (and one set of news folders).

With Thunderbird (and other programs) you can have multiple accounts with multiple ISPs. While most people may not need this, it is extremely useful in some cases: for instance, if you decide to move from one ISP to another. Plus, at one point I was having problems finding a good Usenet provider, so I was able to set up multiple news accounts and try different news servers out.

It's basically the way the whole thing *should* be set up.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David, what do you mean by "Handles multiple accounts easily"? Ron

***
Reply to
RonMcF

That's what I thought you were getting at David, and actually, with all due respect, I think that you've oversimplified the first point (re mail folders) and you're incorrect on the second (news folders).

I do use OE, as you've guessed, and (as far as I know) it does have only one Inbox. However, it is capable of downloading email from multiple ISPs and mail servers into that one Inbox, and then distributing it to separate folders. I have OE set to automatically download email from EIGHT different accounts, all with the same ISP. At one stage I had it downloading from nearly double that number of accounts, from THREE different ISPs. It handles the downloads quite easily, and you can chose which of the accounts to send mail from. OE defaults to dumping all downloaded email into the one folder, but I have rules set up to distribute the incoming mail into separate folders (one for each account).

As for Usenet, as my current ISP does not have its own news servers, I only have an account set up for a paid service. However, my previous ISP did have its own servers and at that time I had news accounts with both that ISP and the paid service (each with its own set of folders).

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to say that OE is better than any other client. But it is not as bad as you've suggested.