lionel smoke fluid

What can I use instead of smoke fluid? 3 in 1 oil? wd40?

Reply to
Sep

I've seen baby oil being used on a layout at an exhibition in England next to a friend's where he had his prize winning scratch built O-scale Great Western broad gauge locomotives and cars running, and it left a deposit on his beautiful paint jobs and on the track leading to bad running.

I've never seen smoke units that look like the real thing and since a lung problem that left me with breathing difficulties a few years ago I avoid them like the plague.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Sep wrote in news:4e0bd $52db35da$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Megasteam

The stuff ROCKS! I would not use anything else. Even in the old PW with pill type heaters the stuff billows. Better than anything else I've tried.

I'm a sucker for Bayberry and Christmas Pine in December.

Reply to
ftauss

Do not use mineral oils. Use a low-burn vegetable oil.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir