N scale Con-Cor question

Hi All, I recently bought a second hand Con-Cor / Rivarossi 2-8-8-2 Mallet. Got it at a model railway exhibition for a pretty good price and I'm very happy with it, but I want to give it a lube. How does the body come off? From what I can see, I have to pull the tender apart, disconnect the wiring and then slide the loco body forward to get it off-is this correct? If not, can anyone please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Laurie in Melbourne.

Reply to
Laurie

I think this is for an HO scale model, but might work for yours. Just scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and you'll see the link for 3 or 4 pages of instructions for the Mallet.

HTH

Reply to
The Seabat