Portable Doubledecker?

I'm considering adding a second deck to my model railroad. It's designed to be modular and portable, and has been moved several times quite easily. Any advice is welcome, but I've got a question. Would I need a micro- adjust on the second deck? If the top is level, shouldn't the bottom also be?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

David Starr wrote in news:47654e1b$0$8875$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Thanks for the information. I was thinking the same thing, but asked to be sure.

I'm thinking of two seperate layouts, one (the current one) in HO and the other in N scale.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

The Bits-N-Pieces Railroad of West Allis, Wisconsin has a modular layout that does just that. Unfortunately, I don't have contact information for them -- but I suspect that Trainfest does

-- the Bits-N-Pieces has displayed at that train show for years. It may be worth your effort to contact them (via Trainfest) to see what advice they have to offer.

Here are a few photos showing the general configuration of their double-deck HO / N layout:

At least you know it's been done sucessfully in the past...

____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route:

Mark Mathu