question on color of diesel storage tanks?

I am modeling the 40s-50s period. Will have a small diesel service facilities in addition to steam roundhouse/turntable etc for steam. What is the correct color of the tanks? Black, white or silver? Any ideas?

Ron

Reply to
Ron Stitt

I've seen (photos) them in all sorts of colors. Silver, White, Black, Red.... I think it depends on the road and on what the tanks contain. They may differ the color for oil, fuel, water, coolant, sand (in towers), etc... I've seen some painted in the road logo (colors), and some have sooo much gunk on them you can't even tell what the color was!

-Lee Nashville, TN

Reply to
The_Southerner