Re: Flex Track for a curve in pvc pipe or what would you reccomend?

as with pick..u can bend it to any curve radius u want wit heat...and not too much heat to distort it any....the electricians around here us a bending tool made of hot irons in a box to heat up the pvc pipe to bend it....one could do the same then...i would say use grey electrical pvc shc 60 pipe

One more quick thing to go with my other message Subject: House to > House HO Scale Model Layout Connecting > > Newsgroups: rec.models.railroad > > What would anyone reccomend for a curve inside PVC Pipe? What size > radius pipe and what kind of track? > > > > Thanks, > > cminmich
Reply to
B.R.Simmerman

The windows are above ground and we would probably have to do something like that but..., will the grade be to steep that when trying to go up the locomotives will not be able to with a load?

Reply to
Chris Modrzynski

=>The windows are above ground and we would probably have to do =>something like that but..., will the grade be to steep that when =>trying to go up the locomotives will not be able to with a load?

The grade up a helix depends on two things - the radius (diameter) of the helix, and the track-to-track separation. A helix radius of 36 inches and a separation of 4 inches yields a grade of about 1-3/4%. Up such a grade, a locomotive will haul about 30-40%% of the load it can haul on the level.

The number of tunrs in the helix is of course the toal height to be overcome divided by the track-to-track separation.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

To answer that we need figures, as Wolf said. If you are above ground why do you want to use a pipe?

Keith Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Straight. Otherwise -- derailments would be suicidal.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Maybe straight PVC sections with a few "clean out" boxes that can be opened up to hold the curved parts?

Arthur Ross

Reply to
Arthur Ross