Re: Wiring Lionel Crossing Gate

I found out that when this happened to me that I needed to reverse the wire from the gate to the plate and the wire from the plate and to the track. Maybe this will work for you, I hope, since I am still learning. I now have collected 4 train sets and one has to have it own track and power supply while the others I can interchange freely. I just don't have the room anyway to run all 4 at the same time, so I run my 2 favorites. Though my favories change.

Reply to
ChGeor9

given

which is

passed

tension

OK.

side,

farthest

wires.

properly?

The connection on the right side is the "Common". The two on the left side are a "Normally Open (N/O)" and a "Normally Closed (N/C)".

It sounds like you have your crossing connected to the "N/C" terminal on the left side, so it is constantly powered until a train goes by. Move that wire to the "N/O" terminal, so power is only applied when a train goes by and closes the contact, and everything should work fine.

-- Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len