Signals for the garden railway?

What experience is there of materials for the spectacles of railway signals (red, green/blue and orange) from glass, or some form of translucent plastic?

My railway is 16mm in the garden, but as signals are intended for the human operators, I'm going for 1/12th scale signals.

(Yes, by modelling the 15 inch railways, the railway would also be 1/12th scale, but currently all my rolling stock is 16mm scale)

Reply to
gareth

So, is your scale & layout like this?

16mm NGM West of Scotland Group at the Greenock Model Railway Show 2014
Reply to
a425couple

Actually better represented by the (Brit) national society ...

gareth

Neat photos in "gallery". Thanks.

Reply to
a425couple

No doubt a bit of a long commute for you, but the national show on Sat 11th in a few days' time is highly recommended.

(See above web site for details)

Reply to
gareth

Yes, long commute. But your invite is welcome and not totally unrealistic. Until about 2 months ago we had planned on spending several weeks this month visiting out daughter in London. But then commitments & schedules got crossthreaded. Have fun at it.

Reply to
a425couple