Silverado Hybrid Automotive

As with the Escalade hybrid and the Chevrolet Tahoe hybrid (which we recently tested and generally enjoyed), the Silverado hybrid is a full (two-mode) hybrid. As such, it is able to get on with electric power-- up to 30 mph--or gasoline or a combination of both. In the interest of retaining a high tow rating, which is more than respectable at 6100 pounds, as well as a 1400-pound cargo payload, the Silverado hybrid (like all of GM's full-size-truck hybrids) uses a 6.0-liter V-8 with cylinder deactivation and variable cam timing mated to a 300-volt electrical system that also provides power to the electric power- steering system and accessories.

nico

nico wrote in news:6894cfc3-420d-428c-a744- snipped-for-privacy@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

The only hybrids we're interested in here are powered by diesel engines and have fuel economy measured in gallons per hour, or gallons per ton-mile! That Silverado had better stop when it sees THIS hybrid coming. Else, it will be torn to pieces!

This might be a good place to link to Operation Life Saver.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

naaa...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Just stock up on Preparation H - shrinks Hummeroids.

Reply to
Steve Caple