Taking apart a Bachmann Spectrum HO Scale Shay

OK - I've tried and tried, but I can't seem to get the shell off the chassis, no matter how many screws I remove... what's the secret to taking apart a Spectrum Shay?

Reply to
DCC Models

Hi!

There is a screw hidden under the pickup plate of the front truck. This screw holds the boiler. On my Shay the pickup plate was glued to the chassis but I could remove it carefully with a sharp knife.

maybe this helps

Luke

"DCC Models" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:kJ3qd.94269$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...

Reply to