1000 Engine Rally 2007

Hello all,

I know its a bit early :) but ,My Father and I are planning a Trip over to the 1000 engine rally next year, and we are just wondering who to get in touch with about exhibiting etc.. as there seems to be no contact details on the website .

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

Hi John, please see the following for contact details:

Classic-Car-World Ltd

John... Its to early yet for entry forms when the time comes I think they wil make the form available on the website, this is what happend last year just print it of and then send it in, also keep an eye out in SE mag there will be contact details available fairly early on in the events section.

Look foward to seeing you there what U taken ?

Regards bob

Reply to
Bob

There was a recent suggestion that we might encourage owners of engines with a flat twin configuration to bring their engine along to the rally. I said I'd get in touch with the Hon/Sec & have this evening (4th December) managed to have a conversation with Kevin Staton.

They have one theme already as it is the 150th anniversary of the founding of the famous Tangye company. However, he was not in the least phased by that & greeted with enthusiasm my suggestion that anyone bringing flat twin engines to the rally should say so on the entry form and they would then be directed to the appropriate line up.

If you are intending to go to this event, perhaps you'd like to consider bringing a flattie.

Now, did Tangye's make a flat twin I wonder. .....

Application forms will be available soon - watch SEM for the advert.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I spoke to Kevin at our close of season event in October and told him that we where planning to run an exhibition next year to commemorate the 150 years of Tangye, so Kevin thought they may make it a theme for the 1000 rally. I also told him of your suggestion on the news group of the flat twin theme and he did seem keen.

I have also been asked about my help in getting some of the sleeping engines out of their owners sheds to the rally, it would be great to see the sort of engines that Longleat and Beaulieu used to attract. I supose that will also mean me bringing one out :-) Regards Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Challinor

Bob wrote: what U taken ?

Regards bob

Hi Bob ,

I'm hoping to take the 1040 . I'm making up the steelwork for the trolley at the minute, and when conditions for painting get a bit better , i'll paint it .

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100