Bamford EV1

Could I ask a favour of a Bamford EV1 owner- if you have a digital camera would it be possible to get some photos of the governor mechanism from the gov.sleeve on the crankshaft to the throttle arm under the carb? I have nearly finished putting my EV1 back together but am having a few problems with the governor mechanism and its setup.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and no one around me has one of these engines so I can look at it and compare.

My main problem is that the ends of the governor weights come out of the governor sleeve and hit the cranked governor arm when turning over by hand which does not seem right! I have a spare set of these weights and they are the same length.Also the governor sleeve only seems to move outward approx 5mm to move the throttle plate from wide open to closed ( my governor sleeve is spring loaded from the flywheel hub to push it hard up against the main bearing). My engine is a petrol/kero ie. has an exhaust heated manifold which the solex carb bolts to and a bent throttle arm to go around the manifold. The cranked governor arm has an adjustable pivot but the manual makes no mention of this adjustment or its purpose Any help would be appreciated.

Rod Sutter Melbourne Australia snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au

Reply to
Rod Sutter

EV3 photos sent to Rod.