Bearings

A recent mention of a 6204 on another thread prompted my grey matter. I have a variety of bearing catalogues at home. They list all the usual dimensions etc and are an invaluable source of reference. Does anyone know of a web site with bearing details listed?

John

Reply to
John Manders

Have a look at

problem with ISO standard metric stuff, the tricky bit is finding old out of production imperial sizes at sensible prices - I believe a set of mains for a Lister D can easily cost more than the engine is worth!

Reply to
Nick H

We did find some Atomic main bearings for PTFE a year or so back at quite reasonable prices, and they had a couple left on the shelf then.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Many distrubutors use Bearing Net to list their surplus stock, I don't think it's available outside the industry though.

Reply to
Nick H

And very much appreciated too Peter, the Atomic is now running like a true thoroughbred.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

out

Thanks Nick. I knew someone would know of a site. I just couldn't find it. I have had a quick look and it looks really good.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Most of the major manufacturers have something similar.

Reply to
Nick H