Big end bearings

Not really stationary engines but I know someone in here will have the answer

Friend of mine is restoring a Ford 103E with a 10hp sidevalve engine. The main bearings are shells but the big ends are poured white metal, anyone know where he can get them re-metalled

Many Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Walford

Steve,

I'm not only interested in Stationary engines but also have of Classic Vehicles and there are loads of Classic Car parts suppliers around and if he was to ask a Club specifically Ford chances are he will buy them off the shelf. You could also try UK.REG.CARS.CLASSIC, I quite often find a spares source from that NG. Having them made would be expensive.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I was trying to remember who did the white metalling on a couple of the salvage squad projects and I have a feeling it may have been this lot:-

Usual disclaimers.

Reply to
Nick H

Not sure who does small bearings, Steve. We use Goltens Marine (real experts at it) for remetalling our 9" shaft dia. babbitted manganese-bronze con-rod bearing boxes. Check antique auto sites for your needs. To see what is involved with scraping to fit (on a much larger scale), go to my site at

--- Brian, W4OLF

Reply to
Brian Bailey

Terry did some work for me a few years ago and was very good, would happily recommend him.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Evans

Reply to