Cast Iron Welding

Has anyone had experience of having cast iron welding done for them.

I am in Essex area and would like a manifold repaired(crack) and part of it built up(where flange bolts to manifold)

Many Thanks

Dikster 1

Reply to
dikster1

Trying to weld cast iron is a very iffy business unless you have a very high quality casting. The best approach is to braze it.

Reply to
crn

Don't know whereabouts in Essex you are but I always use this company:

Fine Limit Welding

10 Britannia Court Web: Burnt Mills Industrial Estate Basildon SS13 2AB

Tel: 01268 725 988

They can weld almost anything I have taken allsorts (not the liquorice type!) in there an they have never let me down yet!

Cheers

Simon

Reply to
K & S Jennings