Chequer Plate

Posted to Stationary Engine and Model Engineering newsgroups.

Does anyone know of a supplier that can supply larger sheets of ali chequer plate in 5-bar pattern than 3048mm x 1524mm? London Metal Co list this sheet size and is the largest I have found.

Thickness probably 6mm including the raised pattern.

I can probably just get away with 1524mm wide, the trailer frame is 1540mm overall and it is radiused box section, so 8mm short each side wouldn't look too bad, but slightly wider sheet would give more comfort! Length is 2800mm so no problem there.

It will be resting on 25mm ply which is recessed inside the frame and supported at 450mm centres on 75 X 50 box sections.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

that should give just enough room for welded tiedown hooks, my son works at a metals place, my trailer is covered with similar metal. great prices.... it works well. my best, sam in washington, pa.

Reply to
SAMMMM