Does anyone have a German Engine contact?

My Australian engine friend has found this early German water pump & would like to find more details. Does anyone know a German collector. One person has suggested that it could be a first world war trench pump. Kerrys message is posted below! __________________________________________________________ Any one seen or have information of the Schule / engine unit that I have been given at

pump itself is a high pressure vane pump that was previously used in a sand quarry to blast down the sand wall face with water under very high pressure, the story of the unit from the previous owner was the vane pump itself was designed by a local bloke that had it built in Germany before WW2. I assume the engine is a German design, any thoughts Any help appreciated with info on this neat little pump unit Kerry Morris Lithgow NSW Oz ___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Dave Croft

What an interesting little device. My gut instinct is this is mid thirties.

Surely, it is all of a piece? The engine & pump look very at ease in each other's company!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Googling "f w schule" seems to bring up a lod of pictures of fire fighting appliances - could it originally have been a fire pump? As for the engine, it looks like a relative of the little teutonic single Kim had which ISTR turned out to be a DKW. See:-

NHH

Reply to
NHH

How's your Spanish? See about 2/3 down page 4:-

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Whilst mine is indeed a Deek, it is one of several they made & is quite a bit bigger than the one on the pump. It is all ali construction and a sturdy Son of the Fatherland could carry it as part of a back pack for crop spraying, I suspect it would become somewhat onerous after a bit!

BTW, I just obtained the magneto for it. Weird it was - only a fiver for the engine last year but £45 for the magneto! A special & about two thirds the size of an ordinary mag. I really must get it on the bench & sus it out.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

kimsiddorn wrote (snip):

Well, I don't know, something about it sent me scuttling to DKW and that finny 'zorst looks right!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

bigger than the one on the pump.

'zorst looks right!

Hi Guys, I forwarded everything to Kerry and he thinks the engine part is a DKW Type O. See

also have a new Danish contact who speaks fluent German researching the engine. As I said to Kerry this is probably the first time that an Englishman has requested a Dane to speak to a German on behalf of an Australian. 8^) Kerry thanks you all for the Information.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Dave Croft wrote (snip):

Similar but has blind head. I'd go for the EW series:-

probably the 301, Athough it is a 6.5 horse power unit rather than the

5.5 stated for the "Pumpmobil" in the spanish article - perhaps Spanish caballos were bigger than German pferds!

NHH

Reply to
NHH