Help, PB bearing data needed

Does anyone know where I can find load data for Phosphor Bronze bearings?

John

Reply to
John Manders

Why!

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

John:

I have the SAE handbook in front of me, but there is a huge amount of information relating to the mechanical properties of the various metals, but no specifics regarding bearing use, other than recommendations for each type and the application for which it is recommended.

Assuming that you are talking about a rotating shaft situation, then the SAE Alloys in the 791 to 799 series would be worth looking at, wrought solid bronzes are covered by 793 and 791, the rest are for use with steel backing.

All need hardened shafts BTW.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Up to 40 MPa is possible. For comparison whitemetals are not usually asked to carry more than 4 MPa.

1 MPa = about 145 lb/in sq

Phil

Reply to
Phil Dando

We have a wheel here which is bushed with a bearing material that is no longer available. The name is Ferrobestos. Does that give a clue why we can't get the stuff anymore. What I was hoping for was a table of bearing forces for PB rather like the tables that are available for rolling bearings. Thanks for the replies. It looks like any grade of PB should handle the load. Just got to keep it well greased.

John

Reply to
John Manders