jap

i have a jap model 3 has anybody got any info on this please

thank peter

Reply to
peter

I have a PDF of JAP models Featherweight, 2a, 4/2, 4/3,5, 55 and 6.

But not 3 ...............

Anyone know if they are sufficiently generic for any of these to be useful?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Time flies like an arrow Fruit flies like a banana

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Does a Model 3 actually exist? methinks it is a 4/3?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

A quick Google search shows that Plough Book Sales in Oz have an instruction manual for a Jap Model 3 listed. Not one I have heard of myself, but would stand to reason to fit in the range between 2A and

4/2? Any chance of a picture to aid with further identification? Regards Dan
Reply to
Dan Howden

I have the A C Fenner book on JAP engines, plus a few manuals, but Model 3 doesn't appear anywhere. I suspect that kim possibly has the same book?

Also, the Wipac application lists don't mention the Model 3 either, so it does seem a little unusual to say the least.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

A quick scout through the A-Z in SEM gives the following - (Issue#262 December 1995 page 12) 'The [JAP] model 3, using a bore and stroke of 57.5mm by 57.5mm, developed 150cc, and was rated at 1.75bhp at 2800rpm. Ignition was by Wico type FW 1269 magneto and a 14mm spark plug was fitted. Nett weight was 57lb.'

Sadly there's no picture, and I don't recall ever coming across one, certainly not as popular as the 2A/S, 4 & 5 series.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Didn't think of looking in the Wipac big book!

Yup, that FW1269 is a typo maybe, the Wipac master manual quotes that for the Model C80 Type 2, the Model 3 having a FW1267Z for normal and FW1365Z for reverse rotation.

Strange that there is so little information on the Model 3...

Peter A Forbes

The actual Plough advert reads, Engine Instructions a.. 011345 JAP Model 3 type 1 industrial engine reference book & parts photocopy, $10.50 b.. 011346 JAP Model 3 type 26 industrial engine reference book & parts photocopy, $12.00 c.. 011347 JAP Model 3 type 28 industrial engine reference book & parts photocopy, $12.00 Does this help in any way?

Reply to
Dave Croft

Sounds as though the Model 3 is a reasonably scarce engine and worthy of preservation.

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Reply to
peter

Sorry, I can't find them. Could you copy the URL when the picture is on your screen & paste it into a posting? That way, we don't have to wade through

100's looking for them!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Time flies like an arrow Fruit flies like a banana

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

48263 pictures for "pierre0350"

No indexing at all that I could find, and that is really what is needed.

Peter

Prepair Ltd