Lamport Hall rally this weekend

Nr. Nothampton.

Haven't been for a couple of years but it used to be quite a good do. I note that it has transmogrified from a two day to three day event for this year. Hope that doesn't 'dilute' the attractions too much - I'm sure many engine folk won't want/be allowed to devote the whole of a bank holiday weekend to rallying.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Usually very good, but we'll be fettling our old iron ready for the Ferry on Friday, 6am leave from home...

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Normally the rally folk have been there all weekend anyway - even though the rally wasn't open on the Saturday, so I dont think there will be any shortages of exhibits. If anything there will be a struggle to get it all in this year if last nights setting up was anything to go by. We have been pushing the hall to allow us to run the event for the full three days for ages now. I think the last two years of torrential rain on the Sunday and Monday, while we were turning away public on the Saturday have swayed the Hall into thinking they must get at least one good day out of the three! The weather forcast is good for the whole weekend so here's hoping for a good turn out.

Hugh.

Reply to
shanksengine

Thanks for the reassurance, will be the Sat and look out for the Shanks!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Nick,

HE may have other large eng>> >>> >>>> Nr. Nothampton.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Great re-introduction to Lamport with an excellent turn out of engines. No Shanks, but I'm told you have been lured to the dark side - ie hot fog! I unfortunately acquired another radio (I'm supposed to be getting rid of them) but who can walk past a Philco 444 'Peoples Set' for £12?

Thanks to Martin P for a much needed tea break (and a nose round the workshop!) on the way back to W. London.

NHH

Reply to
NHH