Look what I dug up

I found this in the garden, it says Rover Coventry on the top. What might it have come from?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Something bicycley?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

It looks a bit too hefty for a bicycle, it measures 48mm x 42 mm and weighs 180gm

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

A wheel cap nut with greaser?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

What happens underneath, how about another pic?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

A Rover?? Pete

Reply to
THE DOUGLAS STATIONARY ENGINE RESOURCE (admin)

YWIMC see

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Damm, why didn't I think of that :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

None the wiser - I was expecting freds which might have confirmed Kim's hub cap (old wagon wheel type) idea.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

No freds, apart from those at the top which are in perfect condition despite the body of the thing looking like it has been well bashed about.

As in

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Perhaps a greaser for an engine ancillary. A water pump or dynamo maybe where it could be retained by a screwed ring or bolted up plate.

ttfn

Reply to
Roland Craven

It looks like a part from a very early Rover car. Rover started making cars in 1904 so it could easily be pre WW1. It looks like a greaser of some sort but I've no idea wher from.

John

Reply to
John

So the mystery remains. I can see it is an oiling point from something, its grossly over engineered going by the size and weight which suggests its very old. Must ask the question elsewhere. At present it makes an interesting paper weight!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike