magneto

One more question lads,

When I bought the Petter it was fitted with a non standard Lucas mag, much newer than the engine. I have since bought a BTH M1 which is much more authentic and has the correct gear. Only trouble is that when I offer the BTH up to the mounting bracket, the holes are nowhere near! In fact the mag base is bigger than the platform on the bracket. Do I need another bracket, an adaptor plate or what??

Reply to
Martin Brooks

IIRC your engine has greased mains and should therefore have a Thompson-Bennett.

Reply to
Roland Craven

Roland,

I don't doubt that you are correct about the Thompson Bennett, unfortunately I ain't got one, neither am I in the financial position to track one down and pay proper money for it! Any way of getting the BTH on there do you think?? Anyone want to swap??

Reply to
Martin Brooks

Reply to
Roland Craven

Or fit a Wico A or Lucas RS or SR.

Reply to
Roland Craven

Roland,

Thanks for the info, I've had a look around on eBay and there's a couple of likely looking wicos, so i might have a bid on one of those. Seriously considering keeping the Bth as it's only a few years out and I know it works, do you know anyone who might have the later bracket for sale? Otherwise, I suppose it's fabrication time!

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Brooks

Roland,

That's an sr1 already on there, I think I will use it again cos it's got a good strong spark, and wait for either a Thompson Bennett or a bracket for that BTH to surface,

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Brooks

Seems like a reasonable approach. Chasing parts can get expensive.

good luck Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven