Maxfield air compressor.

Dave, Adam Cottrill from down under kindly gave me your names in the UK as possibly helping identify a small compressor I am restoring. (I'm in Saskatoon Canada) The tag reads "Maxfield Tyre Pump" Manufactured by S Smith & sons Made in England. I'm wondering if this was a pump mounted on an Automobile or Lorry? I accidently found it in a salvage yard I am looking for any info I can find, specs etc I have tried the net for Smiths and Maxfield but come up empty Hoping one of you might be familiar with it Thank you in advance Vic Pankoski Saskatoon

Can anyone help Vic, I have posted the picture on my site. See

did own a similar pump many years ago but didn't know its origins. Any thoughts greatfully received,

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

possibly helping identify a small compressor

Manufactured by S Smith & sons Made in

accidently found it in a salvage yard I

Smiths and Maxfield but come up empty Hoping

Been away dealing with floods..

FWIW the cast iron mount is not original as it is part of a truck PTO with a SAE mount. It appears as if the casting has been broken away to allow for the pulley to be fitted.

As for the compressor it looks like ones that were made to be fitted to tractor PTOs for tyre inflation..

Tom

Reply to
Tom