OT Lexmark X1180 printer refills

I tried to do some engine prints today only to find my cartridges were running out. The only place handy was Tesco so I went to buy a pair. (Took sedative tablet first) The prices were Lexmark colour small £11 large £18.34 B&W small £11 large £17.00. Tesco's own imitations were Colour £20 B&W £18. This seems totaly different to the normal so I checked on the net & Tesco's prices were still higher. Does anyone know if this is normal or just a rip-off. TIA

Reply to
Dave Croft

prices were still higher.

We dropped inkjets about 6 years ago after working out the running costs. Unless you really NEED to have colour, a B&W laser printer is far more economical.

We have a brand new Epson Photo Stylus printer sitting in the spare room, cost us £350+ before VAT, never used it. Cartridges were too expensive!

We have Brother lasers here at home and at work. The HL series are cheap to buy on ebay and running costs are very low. We also have a big A3 Hewlett Packard

5Si network laser. We can get genuine toner cartridges for that, cheaper than one cartridge for the Epson.

Peter

Peter A Forbes