Pelton and Crane compressor

I've just uploaded a few snaps of the little air compressor I bought at sodbury:-

(other stuff album)

Bore and stroke dims are 1 1/4" x 1 1/2", the base contains a pressure switch and the arm with roller on the end is spring loaded, presumably to tension belt.

Pelton and Crane were (and indeed are) a dental equipment manufacturer, anybody care to hazard a guess at possible date?

Reply to
Nick H

Sorry, pictures don't seem to have appeared on line yet. I should have checked before posting.

Reply to
Nick H

Strange, still not there. I can see them when I am signed in to webshots, but not in the "public" domain. S'pose I'd better reload them.

Reply to
Nick H
3 Pics visible this evening. Did you have to reload them?

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I did. No idea what happened at first attempt

Reply to
Nick H

Ain't got no wheels small enough to make a suitable carriage I'm afraid! Do you think there a market for 'retro' dental treatment? It really was so much more fun when you could see all those little drive belts whirling round, and if it was all driven by a nice hot air engine, that would be something to take your mind off the pain. Most welcome though would be retro charges!

Reply to
Nick H

Hey, I'll give you 5 bucks for it (OK, 10 if you provide "carriage"), but remember, these are "short" dollars.

My wife just opened a veterinary clinic (sorry, surgery) and we now run the dental machine off of the oxy tank. I was going to rig up a little compressor from the local farm suppliers, but, my wife wont go for it. Now, if I could tell her it is FOR dental equipment, she might let me get it.

|>)))

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates