Petter A & W Type, Photos please....

im after any photos of the plants, they sold

Ie the PETTER A and the compressor Ie the Petter A1 Gen Set

please please please

i really need these photos

thanks Martyn

PS i know im the only guy here who seems to b obcessed with the Petter A and W type i dunno why i jus love em, some ppl like lister i like these petters.

hehehehe

thanks Mad Me

Reply to
Martyn Butler

Not entirely alone, Martyn. I've got an ex Admiralty Petter A1 and can tell you it is the easiest of all my larger engines to start and run. Turn on petrol, clip choke into the on position, lump it over compression and it will always fire and run at the second compression.

I like them, nice bits of kit but rather ignored so far, but "coming up the pipe" as they say.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I'll winkle one out and scan it for you tomorrow. I'm knackered now Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

There was a good Petter A SEM article with some old photos in it some while ago. I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Regards, Arthur G (another one of those secret Petter A owners)

Reply to
Arthur G

Martyn If you will confirm whether you are on broadband I'll send you a few scans as a sneak preview of some material I was loaned by a kind friend. In due course I hope all the material will end up on Internal Fire. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

yea im on blueyonder broadband,

Martyn

any pictures welcomed!

Reply to
Martyn Butler

Gentlemen,

I am now the proud owner of a Petter AI which I fetched last week, needs some work but is free and complete.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

That's three of us then. Any more out there with Petter A1s ?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

i must admit, im sad i do have more than one, if u never knew:S

Martyn

PS are u saying ur engine is free to whoever wants it to, u got it for free in a bad condiditon? Martin

Reply to
Martyn Butler

I think Martin means free as in not siezed :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Roland is correct, not seized.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Thanks to all that have helped so far,

The more photos i collect the better, the photos ive got so far are excellent and very helpful, im after if possible also, the sets Restored today if any survive,

Ie like the lister Ochard Spray sets, or the gen sets

PS: im only after PETTER photo sets not of LISTER sets, thanks

best wishes Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Butler