Petter PU8 Update

Had a look at the oil pressure indicator this am.

Simply a brass disc piston running inside a brass housing, the brass disc has the black button attached and there is a light spring to return the button back down when oil fails.

All held together by a pressed-in sleeve, which you can see if you look closely at the end. I had to turn off the end of the housing to get enough freedom for the thing to pull out and so reveal the contents.

The button/mushroom end piece seems to have been deleted on later models, Malcom's engine has no button end or a thread to fix it on with.

As it is not worth trying to repair the thing, I'll get a gauge and a revolving adaptor so I can screw it back into the outlet, which is an interesting thing in its own right.

I'm going to get someone to turn up some PTFE washers for the fuel taps, as both sets of cork washers are pretty poor. Got some bar here, but I want a better finish that I can probably get with parting off on the old Raglan lathe.

Also removed the old braided fuel pipes and obtained some fabric reinforced rubber/neoprene replacement.

Took delivery of four pieces of Tufnol and Tufset this morning, 3 X 60mm diameter Tufset and 1 X 65mm Tufnol 'Whale' grade, £498 and a few pence...

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

What kind of washers are they Peter? The "tubular" kind or the face disk ones? The latter I suspect. In any case put me down for some if they are reasonable.

Regards,

Reply to
kimsiddorn

13.5mm OD, 5mm ID AND 2.6mm thick.

Face type, one side seals against the concentric rings in the body, the other against the sliding part with the hole in.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes