Pulley removal

There is a pulley on the shaft of my Lister D that I have to remove before I can get the flywheel of. I had to drill the screw out that retains it but I still can get the thing to move. I don't have a puller with that kind of reach. Is there a trick to getting a pulley off?

Best regards,

Michael

Reply to
epilotdk

Colin Jacobs

You can remove the crankshaft, flywheel etc with the main bearing housing by undoing the ring of nuts which holds it on to the crank case. If the main bearings are ok (these are so over specified that they usually are ok unless the engine has been really badly abused) then it's probably best to leave this as an assembly, you should have enough access for cleaning and painting.

Reply to
Nick H

Removal techniques vary depending on whether you want to use the pulley again. Where are you? I've a hydraulic press you can use in Oxfordshire.

Dave Croft used to host a map showing our locations. It seems to have dissapeared. Did I miss someting during the months it took me to get my replacement PC online?

John

Reply to
John

Sorry John, It mustn't have been used enough & disappeared all on its own. I just removed the marker that went no-where. If people want to tell me their whereabouts I will put some named flags on a map. I won't use the comercial site I used before. Let me know if peole want it done again.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Sounds a good idea to me Dave. Flag me as being 10 miles NW of Brighton.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Dave, I lost my link nearly 2 years ago when I moved jobs. Until then I found it quite usefull. You can post me in Abingdon, or 15miles SW of Oxford.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John

Nick H

Thanks for the advice. I had a feeling it would be difficult to get off. I have the mainbearing off the engine and there is no play so I will leave it as it is.

I am in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.

I'm from Denmark and only moved here last year after a 4 years stay in Germany. I would like to go to rallies but have never been to one yet so I will see if there is anything in the vicinity soon.

Michael

Reply to
epilotdk

Hi Michael, If I do a map I will put you on it. Which part of Danmark do you come from? I was a close friend of Jens Lauritsen who owned Denmarks first stationary engine museum near Aalborg. He has since passed away. If you look at the web page below you will see several of my Dansk motorer.

regards,

Reply to
Dave Croft

Dave, I grew up in Asaa where the BLA motors were made. I even knew some of the Larsen familily. I would dearly love to own an Asaa engine sometime. I have searched them on the net on/off for years but have never found one for sale. I was only a child when the factory was still in existence so have never been inside it. But I remember the big packing crates outside the factory.

A friend of mine knew Petroleums Jens as he was called. I think he did some work on one of the engines in the museum. As an adult I have lived very close to he museum but somehow never managed to go and see the collection.

I have contacts in the local history archive in Asaa. I wonder if they could dig up some pictures from the Br=F8drene Larsen factory.

Best regards

Michael

Reply to
epilotdk

Dave, I grew up in Asaa where the BLA motors were made. I even knew some of the Larsen familily. I would dearly love to own an Asaa engine sometime. I have searched them on the net on/off for years but have never found one for sale. I was only a child when the factory was still in existence so have never been inside it. But I remember the big packing crates outside the factory. A friend of mine knew Petroleums Jens as he was called. I think he did some work on one of the engines in the museum. As an adult I have lived very close to he museum but somehow never managed to go and see the collection. I have contacts in the local history archive in Asaa. I wonder if they could dig up some pictures from the Brødrene Larsen factory. Best regards Michael

Hi Michael, Jens took me to the BLA factory about 20 years ago. I have a few photo's I took inside the works. I will try & find them for you and put them on my webshots page. I sold a BLA 3 HP about 10 years ago in England as I couldn't get it through the door of a telephone building I use as my engine store. I still own a vertical BLA that they made for a couple of years to try & compete with the Lister D for milking. (No, its not for sale)

Reply to
Dave Croft

There are pictures of some lovely BLA engines on some of the pages here:

I would love to see the pictures from the works. I'm not sure what has happened to the collection since Jens passed away. I really must find out.

I you ever come across a BLA engine for sale please let me know.

Michael

Reply to
epilotdk