Stotfold Mill

Managed to get one of the Caterpillar engines over to the rally site this morning, it's not a runner so static exhibit only. Also did some display notices giving details of the engine etc.

Martin will be looking after it for us, we will be going over as 'exhibitors' (got a pass already!) on Sunday, hoping to get to Stoke Goldington on Saturday.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Stotfold Mill Rally Photos are at webshots and a very good weekend thanks Martin

Reply to
nick

We got to the site around lunchtime, the weather held off for the whole day, although it was raining as we left the horses' field and we had reports of heavy rain over Cambridge way.

Very nice little rally, I'd echo Nick's thoughts and also thank Martin for a very pleasant afternoon and the 'oily rag' :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Gentlemen,

Already been invited for next year, they may put us in a different position again to keep the public busy and on thier toes. The person to thank for the Oily rags is Hazel Evans at Internal Fire, it was her idea and design I just asked for the writing to suit Stotfold.

Un-official figures quote 8500 people came to the rally over the weekend and all of the funds go to the mill restoration. They are now grinding flour which considering that not so long ago the mill was an arsonned wreck I think is good going. My Camper was pressed into service at the last minute, I usually dont rally her until she has had her MOT, due next week, but the Work Van lost its power steering and then had a service as well which meant it was in the local Vauxhall dealership for a week having it all sorted. Its getting a run to Scotland monday for two days.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman