Tyzack & Sons Lathe

Hi All I am looking for a manual for a Tyzack & Sons lathe. I cannot fond a model number. However it has a 4 inch chuck, 6 inch face plate & approx 12 inches between centres. Any help would be appreciated. (Can proivide a picture if that will help)

Thanks John W Greenhill South Australia

Reply to
John W

The very excellent lathes.co.uk may at least provide an ID, but be prepared to get side tracked if you are in the least bit interested in old machine tools!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Tyzack marketed the Zyto lathe for donkeys years. Since the late 20s to late 1950s with a break for the war in between. I don't think there was ever a manual, and if there was I doubt it had more than three lines in

Reply to
Steve

I obtained one of these machines a couple of years ago but with no manual.

The only difficulty was the thrust collar at the left hand end which I tightened up.

As it's plain bearings all the way through, you need to remember to top up the oil cups each session.

url:

Gareth Evans